Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cooking Dinner

I made dinner tonight. It's quite unusual for me. I never cook. I know, it's usually the wife's job to make dinner, but it's not mine. Chad enjoys cooking and is very good at it while I usually do not enjoy it and am not good at it. Thus, Chad does the cooking. Today, however, I got a strange urge to make dinner. I also wanted to make a Santa Fe style type of dish. In particular, I was feeling corn, black beans, rice and tortillas. So we went to the store and started to make the dish in my head. I ended up cooking rice and frying it up with corn, black beans, tomatoes, and peppers. I then squeezed some lime into it. I got some tortillas and used them to eat the rice dish with. We also got some organic salsa at Healthsmart and topped the dish with that. I suppose you could say I made fajitas. I have to say, it was pretty good. It was also very filling. Now I just have to do the dishes.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment