Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Adventures in Morgantown, WV

I had an adventurous evening last night. Our boxing instructor fought in the Budweiser Fight Night in Morgantown. I'd been looking forward to this for a few months. I enjoy boxing although I've never enjoyed watching it very much, but since someone I know was fighting I thought it would be fun to watch. Morgantown is a few hours away from where we live, so we set out soon after Chad got home from work. Soon after hitting the interstate, we noticed that the car seemed a little shaky so we stopped to check the tires. One was a little low so we filled it and got on our away again. About 15 miles out of Morgantown, the tire blew. We put the spare on and drove to a restaurant called the Kenyan Cafe where we had planned on having dinner before we decided what to do about the car.

When we got to the Kenyan Cafe, I questioned whether we were in the right place. The outside doesn't look like anything special. Inside, however, is a wonderful little ethnic restaurant and cafe. Our food was delicious and as we ate it, we made the decision to go ahead and drive home on the spare and call our tire shop over the weekend. The tires on my car are smaller than most and usually have to be ordered, so we knew we wouldn't be able to get one in Morgantown anyway.

After we ate, we went to the fight. I'd never been to a live boxing match before, so it was really interesting. Now that I know a few things about boxing, I can actually get into the fights. Our instructor was the fourth fight and he did great. Unfortunately, he didn't win, but he did put up a hell of a fight. We made sure to cheer him on the whole time. He looked a little despondent when he came out to see us, but I know he'll pick himself back up and keep going strong.

After the fight, we drove slowly home. We stopped for coffee to keep ourselves awake and didn't get home until after 2am this morning. I went directly to bed and didn't wake up until after 10am. I've spent my day today cleaning since we can't take the car anywhere for a couple of days. I also did some reading. I guess being stuck at home is a good excuse to do that. So that's been my adventure for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment