Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Child Nutrition and the Obesity Epidemic

I'm thinking about starting a newsletter about child nutrition and the obesity epidemic. This is a topic I've been thinking about a lot lately. I feel like I need to do something, but I just can't figure out what. It seems like a losing battle; no matter what anyone does, this epidemic never seems to get any better. If we can't get the parents to change their mindset, it never is going to get better. This is something that needs to be handled from the roots. Policies and school lunches are not going to teach parents how to feed their children and take nutrition seriously.

So, in an attempt to handle things from the ground up, I'm going to start a monthly newsletter. I'll gather facts and statistics and healthy kid-friendly recipes. Each month I'll try to find a new topic to cover. Maybe I'll poll people to see what they would like to learn about. Working at a daycare gives me an audience, and maybe HealthSmart will let me put the newsletters out on their little table by the door.

What kind of things would you want to read about in this type of newsletter?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment