Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Between All or Nothing

Those of you who read my blog know that I use flylady.net to get my home in order. I subscribe to the e-mail list and receive many e-mails every day. Most of them are testimonials, a few are the daily "flight plans", and some are inspirational messages. Many of the testimonials and messages today have a recurring theme which speaks directly to my life at the moment. I've fallen off the bandwagon this week and let my home get out of order again. I feel a sudden rush to catch up on everything I've missed, but Flylady would not approve of that. She always says to just jump in where you are. So, here's me jumping in. I received an inspirational message from Flylady just a moment ago and it pierced me so sharply I had to share it with you. Here are the last few sentences:

"There is this beautiful place between all and nothing at all and Flylady and I teach how to be in that place. It's called baby stepping. It's incremental progress and it takes being patient, kind and loving with yourself and celebrating the small stuff.

Be easy with yourself. Find a photo of you when you were a child and when you look at it see if you can imagine that child still within you because she is. How could you be mean, impatient or unloving to that little one? Think how children enjoy life. I think we are meant to enjoy life and it should get better and better. You are in self-improvement mode or you wouldn't be signed up for these emails. Celebrate that desire to be better and enjoy the in between of all or nothing at all as you baby step your way to a better life."

That is exactly where I am at.  Not only in organizing my home, but in many aspects of life. I'm in between working a "just for now" job and doing what I really have a passion for. I'm in between living in WV and wanting to move back to CA. I'm in between paying off debt and being able to spend my money on things I actually want to. These are things that often try my patience. I'm not the most patient of people. I keep telling my husband that I just need to get on Deal or No Deal and win a bunch of money. Then we can pay off our debt, move to Ca, buy a house, and I can afford to do what I really want to do. I'm sure suddenly coming into a large sum of money could fix just about anyone's problems but unfortunately most of us are not afforded that luxury. We have to work for what we earn. And, most of the time, we don't really earn enough.

But, enough whining. I've got to stop whining and just live my life where I am at right now. Yes, I am working towards bigger and better things, but my life is great right here too. One day I'll accomplish everything I want to, but for now I can be ok with "baby stepping". Baby stepping to an orderly home, baby stepping out of debt, baby stepping to CA. I can do anything in baby steps.

Baby step onto the elevator...

No comments:

Post a Comment